Sunday 8 February 2015

LCHF - Chicken Schnitzel


We've recently started following the Low Carb High Fat Lifestyle.
I am constantly looking for ideas and recipes in order to keep the lifestyle exciting. I my quest I joined a number of Facebook pages and groups where I get a lot of ideas.
I recently stumbled across this Coconut covered Chicken Schnitzel.
It takes the same amount of time as a normal chicken schnitzel to prepare and I used the same method I used to use for normal high carb schnitzels.


Ingredients:
4 deboned chicken breasts
200 ml coconut flour
100 ml flaxseed power
2 eggs
30 ml milk or cream
100 g fine desiccated coconut




4 Deboned chicken breasts.


Flaxseed Powder
                       
                               Fine Desiccated Coconut
Coconut Flour

2 Eggs and 30 ml of milk


Instructions:
Butterfly the chicken breasts.

Slice down in the centre of the chicken breast.

Turn knife sideways and slice through the breast untill you reach the edge of the breast, taking care to not slice through. Keep the edge intact and open the breast on that fold. 




Pound the chicken with a mallet until the required thickness is reached.
Lay breast flat and prepare all breasts for crumbing.


Mix the coconut flour and flaxseed powder together.
Beat together the eggs and milk.




Cover the chicken breast with the flour mixture.

Dip the floured chicken breast in the beaten egg. Ensuring that it is well covered with egg.

Cover the chicken breast with desiccated coconut. Set aside.

Heat up a pan and add coconut oil to the pan.






Fry and turn often in order to brown evenly.

Fry until golden brown. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.

You can serve your chicken schnitzel with a mushroom sauce, if you prefer that. I made a cheese sauce with cream and melted cheese and topped my schnitzel with a slice of bacon.

Turn your can'ts into cans, and your dreams into plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment